Friday, March 18, 2011

I'm Back... 2 years later!

Today is the day that I am coming back to my blog... are you happy Cherie?! haha Well many things have happened since Georgia turned one, it has been 2 years since I've posted anything about our life! Well I wanted to start over and begin a new blog for myself, but then I looked back on the year I had this blog and changed my mind.

As you know, we have moved and are now living in Mira Loma. We have had another child, who keeps us on our toes every hour, heck every second. We also have somehow acquired many animals within this past year. We have 20 chickens, two of them are roosters, rabbits, 1 sheep (Mary), 4 goats (Billie, Tinker Bell, Abby (we found out Abby is a male, but he's still Abby), and Clyde was born here on Gracie's Birthday. We are waiting for Billie to have her babies, she should have them in April. The babies are so much fun. I love to sit with our goats, they all have their own personalities. That's another post! We have a dog named Maddie who is such a great dog! The girls love to play with her and vise versa.

I have come back to my blog to begin writing about my backyard adventures. It is Spring, I think, so what better time to begin documenting about all our ideas and how we have implemented them. Our garden has doubled in size which still doesn't seem large enough. A backyard "mini" orchard is in the making. Last weekend was spent digging holes 2 1/2 feet down to set the railroad ties (George did most of the digging) I get credit for 2 holes, well he had to help with one of those two... what?! our soil is VERY hard! He is my "mans man" and amazes me with every project. He is very thorough in designing things and they always come out looking better than the image in my head! Don't get me wrong, sometimes these projects last longer than expected just because of his "thoroughness!" Anyway, we are accumulating more trees. Yesterday we picked up 2 more. Again "mini" orchard will be many more posts to come. To be continued...

2 comments:

Mark said...

Wow you mean Georgia isn't 1 year old anymore? I went hear just from a link from our blog and know I was going to see the same I've seen each time I've attempted over the last to years.... But to my surprise hip hip hooray your back!

gardener mom said...

lol i keep checking to see when you'd notice! yep I'm back!